Intelligent Document Digitization
Archieving a Paperless Process
End to end automation of document extraction using our core AI technology
Many paper based administrative processes are highly manual and time-consuming. Data is commonly stored in non-machine readable forms or on printed documents.
Banks have identified digitization of paper based documents through automated extraction of relevant information as major milestone in digital agenda. Therefore, our solution conquers this challenge through an end to end automation of document extraction. Using our core AI technology we are able to automatically analyse an incoming document and extract the relevant data. Together with a customizable user interface, the solution is fully integrable into your technology landscape – making document based work more efficient and user-friendly.
End to end automation
- Automatically identify and categorize the fields for logical data extraction
- Automatically analyze and extract relevant data from multiple different document types
- Fully customizable workflows available to initiate automatic data processing for specific needs
Reduced process inefficiencies
- Improve focus of current resources
- Reduce reliance on physical paper forms and documents
- Reduce manual data entry
- Reduction in scope for human error
AREAS OF USE
Application options encompass various departments and multiple document types. Professionals in; legal, trading, operations or KYC can analyze documents for invoicing, client enquiries, trade classifications and many more.
1. Automated trade classification
Tier 1 International bank is faced with the following challenges:
- All trades globally need to be classified and categorized as “standard” or “non-standard” which in turn triggers different compliance and target market requirements.
- Although classification rules are pre-determined, deep product understanding is needed and occasionaly relates to external static data.
- Most products can be automatically classified using input parameters from pricing via an xml interface, however some products may need manual termsheet screening.
- Globally the number of monthly trades is significant which places a significant ongoing manual control burden.
LPA Capmatix extracts trade parameters from term sheets, imports the xml files and manages the end-to-end process. All within the single tool.
Minimize operational risks: Automation of manual product classification process.
Increased traceability of approvals: All non-standard trades run through a separate approval workflow.
Scalability potential: Once onboarded, the same solution can be scaled to account for increasing number of trades.
2. Trade data reconciliation
Market-leading Asian Bank is faced with the following challenges:
- Different front-office systems were used for pricing, sales and initiation of bookings.
- The legacy ‘Golden Source’ of trade data required systemic checking for inconsistencies.
- Manually created term sheets had to be compared to the actual trade booking triggered by the pricing systems.
- Inconsistencies continually needed to be flagged and an exception handling process needed to be followed to amend the requisite trade or term sheet.
LPA Capmatix captures trade data from term sheets and manages exception handling of all inconsistencies.
Reduction in unproductive time of operators: Significant time saving from reduced manual document screening.
Enhanced visibility: Overview of all manual trades and exceptions in a shared dashboard.
End-to-end automation and integration: Checks in legacy systems can be automated by re-using existing interfaces.
3. Prime brokerage onboarding
Major International Bank is faced with the following challenges:
- On-boarding new prime brokerage clients was a cumbersome inter-departmental process between Sales, Ops, Legal, Risk and IT.
- Legacy process contained 20 steps, was managed via email and phone and required approval by 8 different parties.
- Manual process was error-prone and not traceable leading to slow client-response times and frequent errors and oversights.
- Inter-departmental collaboration required improvement.
LPA Capmatix extracts onboarding information and manage the end-to-end process within a single tool.
Reduced effort in manual alignment: Significant time savings in manual document screening and deadline management.
Increased accountability: Visibility and oversight of all open requests, their current status and identification of the responsible person.
Single source of truth – improving compliance: A single storage for all documentation and approvals is key for compliance.
4. Document extraction and package distribution
Leading German Bank with cumbersome legacy manual workflows:
- More than 1,000 documents were reviewed manually on a daily basis.
- Documents were printed, reviewed, bundled into work packages and distributed to specific employees, all in physical paper form.
- The relevant data was not available in a digital format. The processing of the work packages relied on manual process steps involving 20+ employees.
- 5 different process types and more than 20 different document layouts needed to be covered.
- The distribution of the work packages were constantly monitored and adjusted.
LPA Capmatix provides a digital end to end workflow solution. This package distribution tool extracts the relevant information using AI software, automatically distributes the workpackages and processes the documents.
Automatic review, bundling, and distribution of thousands of pages: Immense time savings in document screening.
Easier monitoring and managing of all current processes and distribution rules: Full overview over thousands of processes each day, distribution rules can be adjusted in real-time.
End-to-end automation: Processes can be fully automated, generating further time savings and efficiencies.
5. Paperless loan contract negotiation workflow
European based International Bank presented a challenging setup:
- 4 million loan contracts only available on paper and not digitized(target: 0,8 million paper-only contracts).
- Convoluted manual negotiation process including > 1500 emails(target: standardized negotiation process with < 300 emails).
- 10 - 15 departments involved.
- > 50 tools / templates / checklists to be used within the process(target: 1 tool).
LPA Capmatix collected the relevant data from the contracts and steered the end-to-end negotiation workflow within Capmatix paving the way for STP with the bank’s loan system.
Digitization of legacy contracts: Immense time savings in screening of contracts and data extraction.
Reduce internal efforts by standardizing loan negotiations: Reduce operational risks and systems involved, improve financial sanctions controls and ensure readiness for regulatory requests (i.e. IBOR transition).
Full integration: Leverage on our workflow engine to integrate with bank systems such as LoanIQ to enable STP.
MS SQL Server