iMAL*RM is a fully-fledged suite of risk management solutions. It is intended for the risk management departments of financial institutions providing a holistic view of the risk involved in their activities, in order to enable them to make informed strategic decisions. This enterprise wide risk management platform integrates with multiple systems for complete data consolidation and analysis. It is designed to provide financial institutions with the latest tools to address advanced risk modelling and latest regulatory requirements, which can be implemented collectively or separately according to the institution’s needs.
The solution serves financial institutions’ needs in capital risk reporting, credit risk, market risk, and operational risk & governance. It enables them to perform both regulatory and economic capital estimation for their risks, according to various approaches under Basel II/III and IFSB guidelines. It also allows them to proactively manage their risks through various detailed management and analytical features, such as what-if analysis, stress testing, sensitivity analysis, and simulation.
iMAL*RM offers ready-to-deploy dashboards, reports, and analytics catering to the institution’s own risk management requirements.
The Regulatory Capital Reporting component offers an end-to-end integrated risk management solution covering three types of risks: Credit, market, and operational risks. The solution allows the computation of the capital adequacy ratio and the identification, measurement, mitigation of credit, market, and operational risks according to various methods as set in Basel II/III frameworks including: The standardized approach for credit, market, and operational risks, and it includes analysis techniques and simulations. This application enables the bank to set up parameters in order for the system to combine the different information and produce the reports required to be forwarded to the central bank and the bank’s management. Finally, these reports are of different formats: Tabular forms, graphical presentations and heat maps.
Among its many functionalities:
- Risk-weighted assets (RWAs) and regulatory capital requirements computation
- Basel III liquidity measures computation, which includes stock of high-quality liquid assets, liquidity coverage ratio (LCR), and net stable funding ratio (NSFR)
- Stress testing scenario building and analysis covering credit risk scenarios, profit rate shocks, foreign exchange risk shocks, and liquidity risk situations.
The Operational Risk Management component is necessary to log, measure, and analyze operational risks that the financial institution faces, which includes multiple techniques to mitigate potential risks. The solution covers tools such as IMDC, RCSA, Risk Register and Business Continuity Management (BCM).
- Incident management and data collection or event transactions: A tool for the identification, collection, reporting, and management of operational risk loss incidents in the financial institution.
- Risk & control self-assessment (RCSA): A powerful tool that allows a financial institution to identify, assess, and mitigate potential key operational risk incidences that may occur. RCSA is highly parameterized and boasts several reports, tracking sheets, and heat maps.
- Risk register: A tool that groups together all the actual and potential risks of a financial institution to identify, analyze, and manage operational risks. Additional analysis can be run on the collected information, such as listing risks according to probability of occurrence or loss amounts.
- Key risk indicators (KRI) / Key control indicators (KCI): A very important tool that gives the financial institution a flexible platform to identify and map every risk to controls, along with thresholds and automated alerts that are sent when the threshold is exceeded.
- Business continuity management (BCM): A tool that provides a framework to ensure the resilience of the financial institution to any eventuality, to help ensure business continuity to customers and the protection of the financial institution’s reputation. This tool allows the user to document key elements of the BCM such as business impact analysis (BIA) exercises, initial damage assessment, and action log, among others.
The Market Risk & ALM component would cater for analytical requirements relating to market risk and asset liability management (ALM) of the financial institution. The dashboards and reports will assist the financial institution in assessing the impact of changes in the market to make better decisions.
Among its many functionalities:
- Value at Risk (VaR) calculation for customized or trading book portfolio
- Valuation of portfolios through cash flow discounting methodologies
- Yield curve scenario analysis and computation of P&L under assumed yield curve shocks
- Hedge effectiveness testing
- Maturity mismatches and GAP analysis
- Computation of changes in net interest income or market value of equity through stress testing scenario analysis
- Deposits statistical & trend analysis.
MS SQL Server
Windows 8 & 8.1