Informatica’s Data Governance & Compliance Solution for GDPR is industry’s first intelligent, integrated solution designed to engage business, IT and security on their journey to GDPR
Informatica®, the enterprise cloud data management leader accelerating data-driven digital transformation, today announced Informatica Data Governance & Compliance for GDPR, the industry’s first governance solution designed specifically to support customers on their journey to GDPR compliance.
In May 2018, the European Union’s GDPR becomes effective, enhancing protection of personal data. This regulation could have significant impact for organisations and how they manage data pertaining to customers, consumers, partners, staff and other ‘data subjects’ with some potentially very large penalties for violations.
Informatica Data Governance & Compliance is the only solution available that engages the business, IT and data security teams in governing data of all types – cloud, on-premises, and big data anywhere– across the entire enterprise to help customers with GDPR compliance efforts.
Informatica Data Governance & Compliance is delivered as part of the Informatica Intelligent Data Platform, Informatica’s metadata and artificial intelligence-driven platform that spans on-premises, cloud and big data. This ensures data is trusted, secure, governed, accessible, timely, relevant and actionable, enabling the world’s best companies to deliver data-driven digital transformation outcomes.
“GDPR poses many challenges, but it also has the potential to result in opportunities around the use of data in an organisation,” said Amit Walia, executive vice president and chief product officer, Informatica. “Organisations must take a holistic and automated approach to governance and compliance to help maximise the potential opportunity. To help enterprises with GDPR compliance, Informatica has brought together the most comprehensive governance and compliance package available, empowering all constituents from non-technical business users to IT to effectively collaborate and govern data, across the enterprise.”
Integrated, holistic and intelligent
Informatica Data Governance & Compliance for GDPR is comprised of an integrated set of innovative, intelligent products that are all recognised leaders in their respective spaces.
To implement a comprehensive GDPR program, companies need to discover, assess and govern their in-scope data. Informatica helps organisations do this with:
- • Informatica Secure@Source discovers, assesses, analyses, and visually maps in-scope sensitive data wherever it resides, detects and scores potential risk, and orchestrates remediation across sensitive structured and unstructured data stores across the enterprise.
- • Informatica Axon defines and governs in-scope data by engaging all constituencies, technical and business, from data owners to the chief data officer, to effectively govern an organisation’s data and encourage collaboration. This holistic enterprise-wide view of in-scope data for GDPR compliance is integral to optimally managing data assets.
- • Informatica Enterprise Information Catalog provides a machine learning-based engine that automatically scans and catalogs data assets across the enterprise, and indexes them for enterprise-wide discovery for the foundation of supporting GDPR initiatives.
In addition, Informatica offers other products that can assist in data compliance issues: data masking to prevent unauthorised access to automatically remove or hide data subject information; a master data management solution to provide the foundation for a 360 view of personal data and all the associated consents and a central point to enact subject rights; a data quality solution to ensure relevant, timely and trustworthy data; a data archive solution to purge data if a data subject wants personal information removed.
Each of these products is built on top of the Informatica Intelligent Data Platform, which uses the CLAIRE Engine for metadata-driven Artificial Intelligence to provide automation and personalised recommendations that boost user productivity, accelerate the implementation of data governance programs, and drive ongoing operational efficiency to comply with complex and dynamic regulatory requirements.
Specific benefits of Informatica Data Governance and Compliance include the ability to:
- • Address the full spectrum of data governance requirements with an integrated, intelligent, highly automated solution.
- • Drive collaboration between business and technical staff to meet governance goals.
- • Govern data for any use case, user and deployment type, including cloud, on-premises, hybrid and big data environments.
- • Quickly spot, monitor and protect sensitive data across all data types.
- • Visibility to sensitive data risks and detection of anomalous activities using machine learning and quickly act on them.
- • Introduce automation into data masking to reduce risk of personal data exposure and help ensure that personal data is not proliferated without suitable protection.
- • Reduce risk with a single view of data subjects and manage consent.
Informatica is the only Enterprise Cloud Data Management leader that accelerates data-driven digital transformation. Informatica enables companies to unleash the power of data to become more agile, realise new growth opportunities and invent new things that lead to intelligent market disruptions. With over 7,000 customers worldwide, Informatica is the trusted leader in Enterprise Cloud Data Management.