Announces the 10 startups selected to join its London program
Backed by Rabobank, Lloyds Banking Group, MasterCard, arvato Financial Solutions, Intesa Sanpaolo & Route 66 Ventures
Startupbootcamp FinTech, the leading accelerator focused on financial innovation, has today announced the 10 international startups selected to join the London program. The finalists, which include teams from across Europe, America and Asia-Pacific, have been chosen following a rigorous selection process by a panel of industry experts, including representatives from Startupbootcamp and its partners.
With a combined 6 million dollars in investment already raised between them, 50% of the chosen startups are already generating revenue. They will join the ever-expanding list of successful startups that have been through the Startupbootcamp programs globally.
Details about each of the 10 selected teams can be found at the end of this press release.
The successful startups will benefit from extensive mentorship from 100+ entrepreneurs, investors and corporate partners, helping to guide the company through the ‘Shape’, ‘Build’ and ‘Sell’ stages of development. Masterclasses are offered on topics ranging from lean to legal, and focused partner days on media, investment and sales. The program commences in August, led by Startupbootcamp FinTech London managing director Liz Lumley, and co-managing director Francisco Lorca.
As well as access to mentorship, each team will receive €15,000 and three months free office space at the Rainmaking Loft London, Startupbootcamp’s London home. Partnerships with Rabobank, Lloyds Banking Group, MasterCard, arvato Financial Solutions, Intesa Sanpaolo and Route 66 Ventures will also provide the Startupbootcamp FinTech finalists with access to pilot customers, industry data, APIs and capital.
After three months of acceleration, the 10 teams will be invited to present their companies to 500+ investors, mentors and partners during Demo Day. Pitch preparation for Demo Day includes:
Hands-on guidance from investors
Leads into three months of fundraising support
Startups will be actively supported after acceleration through the Alumni Growth Program
Access to a global network of 1,000+ mentors, 2,000+ investors, 125+ startups, and exposure to startup hubs in London, Singapore, New York and San Francisco.
Liz Lumley, Managing Director at Startupbootcamp FinTech commented: “The FinTech space continues to hot up and for the second year running London remains the FinTech capital of the world. The sheer volume of interest in the London program again this year is testament to the need for an innovation tool to nurture the talent that is out there. Since the beginning of the year, we have searched across FinTech hubs as well as untapped cities, such as Sydney, Toronto and Johannesburg to find the most promising FinTech startups, and met over 200 startups. We feel confident that the 10 teams selected showcase the very that financial services and technology has to offer.”
"Through our partnership with Startupbootcamp we have been able to support some really innovative FinTech startups. We are excited about this year’s cohort and look forward to working with startupbootcamp to help the 10 teams selected for the program,” said Marc Lien, Innovation and Digital Development Director, Lloyds Banking Group.
"Startupbootcamp’s FinTech Accelerator is a unique initiative that is helping to consolidate London’s position as a global leader in financial services and technology innovation. arvato Financial Solutions is pleased to welcome the 2015 top 10 class and is looking forward to supporting them in their goal to building ideas into successful, prosperous businesses, “ added Michael Weinreich, CEO of arvato Financial Solutions and Member of the Bertelsmann Group Management Committee.
The 10 teams selected to join the 2015 Startupbootcamp FinTech London program are:
- Blockverity (UK): Blockverify believe in the potential of blockchain technology to improve anti-counterfeit measures in different industries and have a significant positive social impact.
- BondIT (Israel): BondIT utilizes machine learning and big data analytics to deliver easy-to-use tools for financial advisers to construct fixed income portfolios, providing the optimal yield-risk ratio while adhering to their clients' needs, targets and constraints.
- Cybertonica (Russia): Cybertonica provides a cloud risk intelligence hub for merchants, PSPs and financial institutions. They decrease the number of fraud transactions and chargebacks, and increase site conversion by our unique machine learning models, online behaviour analysis and biometric fingerprint profiling of Internet users.
- Delio (UK): Delio provides wealth managers, private banks and other financial institutions with a compliant way of allowing clients and advisors to share and access direct, private market investment opportunities internally and across their networks.
- Money Fellows (UK): Money Fellows allow banks’ customers to leverage their social network to make loans cost nothing and savings a lot more rewardable.
- Obsidian Solutions (Canada): Obsidian has developed a new portal framework for investment managers, FundBinder, allowing software vendors to offer tools through our application marketplace & clients to get features in a unified experience.
- StockViews (UK): StockViews is a social network for serious investors. Members post their "investment thesis" in 250 characters or less together with a "rating" (Buy, Sell or Neutral). Performance of recommendations is then tracked in real time by the site and compared against Wall Street professionals.
- Tradle (USA): Tradle extends bitcoin’s blockchain to carry ANY business and consumer transactions, like orders, invoices, tickets, receipts, etc. Tradle disrupts supply chains by externalizing transactions to the blockchain, thus enabling permission less and programmable commerce.
- Walnut Algorithms (France): Walnut Algorithms uses machine learning techniques with financial expertise to create outperforming computational models for asset management.