Regulatory and market changes driving renewed demand for new services
BNY Mellon, the global leader in investment management and investment services, today announced it has expanded its global derivatives clearing leadership team with five new appointments in the United States and Europe.
Mark B. Gonzalez has been appointed as the US Chief Operating Officer for derivatives clearing services, based in New York.
Gregory Chemin has been appointed as the Business Head of derivatives clearing services, based in Frankfurt, Germany.
Paul Dex (London), John Guthrie (New York) and Thomas Twomey (New York) will lead the company's regional efforts to identify and develop new opportunities in the listed and over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives markets.
Sanjay Kannambadi, Global Head of Derivatives Clearing Services said: "Regulatory and market changes are driving strong interest globally from clients trading derivatives who are seeking a clearing partner with proven operational and market expertise. With an ever-greater percentage of derivatives transactions expected to be cleared through central clearinghouses, the addition of these respected individuals will enhance our ability to help clients understand and prepare for how their needs will evolve."
- Mark Gonzalez has over 14 years of global hands on experience within complex clearing and trading organizations as a partner and COO at both Ardmore Park Capital and Capstone Holdings Group and as an operations manager at Pioneer Futures.
- Gregory Chemin, who has previously held senior sales roles at European broker HPC's French operation and at Newedge in Germany, has more than 10 years of business development experience in derivatives instruments and on-exchange and OTC products.
- Paul Dex has 17 years of sales and sales leadership experience in the global financial markets, including at The Royal Bank of Scotland and Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken.
- John Guthrie brings significant client management experience in the prime broker and derivatives industry, where he held sales and client service positions at Credit Suisse, Lehman Brothers and Deutsche Bank Securities during the past 10 years.
- Tom Twomey comes with 18 years of experience in the futures markets divided between business development, sales and trading, most recently in business development at OptionsCity and as director of marketing at Intercontinental Exchange as well as the NYMEX.
Brian Ruane, executive vice president at BNY Mellon, said: "The derivatives clearing market is undergoing rapid changes due to the mandatory clearing rules coming into play during 2013. The expansion of our leadership team underlines BNY Mellon's commitment to delivering a full-service derivatives clearing solution to our clients globally to help them understand and navigate the opportunities and challenges ahead."