NASDAQ OMX today publishes monthly trade statistics for the Nordic and Baltic markets. Below follows a summary of the statistics for February 2013:
- The share trading on NASDAQ OMX Nordic remained unchanged compared to February 2012 with a daily average turnover of around 2.5bn EUR. Compared to the previous month, January 2013, the daily average increased by 12.7 %.
- Derivatives trading decreased by 15.6 % to a daily average of 490,061 contracts, compared with 580,731 contracts in February 2012.
- ETF trading1 (Exchange Traded Funds) decreased by 13.8 % to a daily average of 69m EUR compared to 80m EUR in February 2012.
- Novo Nordisk A/S was the most traded stock on NASDAQ OMX Nordic exchanges during the past month, followed by Nokia Oyj.
- Merrill Lynch was the most active member on NASDAQ OMX Nordic during the past month, followed by SEB.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in our listed stocks2 was 65.7%, compared to 66.4% previous month
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s share of order-book trading in Norwegian listed shares3 decreased to 10.6 % compared to 10.7 % the previous month.
- NASDAQ OMX Nordic’s average time at EBBO4 (European Best Bid Offer) was:
- For OMXC20 companies 91.4 %
- For OMXH25 companies 88.4 %
- For OMXS30 companies 94.4 %
1) ETF trading figure encompasses NASDAQ OMX Stockholm and NASDAQ OMX Helsinki.
2) Source: Thomson Reuters and NASDAQ OMX. Included are all European marketplaces that offer trading in NASDAQ OMX Nordic listed shares.
3) NASDAQ OMX offers trading in all of the Oslo Bors listed shares.
4) EBBO (European Best Bid Offer) refers to the current best price available for selling or buying a trading instrument such as a stock.