Enables Hedge Fund Managers to More Efficiently Automate and Implement Complex Trading Algorithms
Los Gatos, CA and MAR/Hedge Conference, Miami, FL, November 19, 2003 â VhaYu Technologies Corp. today announced at the MAR/Hedge 10th International Conference on Hedge Fund Investments in Miami, FL major enhancements to its hedge fund solution.
Built on the proven Vhayu platform for real-time, tick-data capture, storage, analysis and execution, the new enhancements include a lightweight order management system, integrated automatic execution, FIX connectivity to execution sites via prime brokers and a MicrosoftÂ® ExcelÂ® add-in to help traders monitor real-time data and execute trades directly from spreadsheets.
"We built the VhaYu platform in such a way that no matter how hedge funds are trading, strategy-based, algorithmically, automatically or manually, we can help them do it faster than any other system today,â said Tejpal Chadha, VhaYuâs co-founder and CEO. "Hedge fund professionals are forced to contend with massive amounts of market data on a day-to-day, if not minute-by-minute, basis, and itâs not slowing. They have told us that they need a cost-effective solution to automate the analytics and trading execution process. To better serve their needs, we have also added two new account managers in New York."
Available immediately, Vhayuâs enhanced solution includes:
- Real-time and historical tick-data storage: Enhanced functionality extends VhaYuâs powerful data capture and storage engine to handle yearsâ worth of data and perform analytics in milliseconds. The engine can also store customersâ fair-market value models and customer-specific data.
- Strategy Engine: VhaYu allows customers to develop, test and execute trading strategies. Customer strategies loaded in the VhaYu engine will automatically scan the entire market. Detecting opportunities, the engine triggers alerts, sending them to an OMS for execution.
- Order management system: A lightweight order management system built by VhaYu can be used in a manual or automated mode to create, execute and confirm trades ensuring best execution and significantly reducing the time from opportunity detection to execution.
- FIX connectivity: FIX 4.x compliant, VhaYu has been certified by two of the largest prime brokers currently deployed by Midwestern US hedge fund customers. Seven others are currently in pilots.
- Excel add-in: Using Excel 2003âs real-time data gateway, hedge funds can stream data into Excel, enabling traders to monitor watch lists or baskets or, based on a preset algorithm, execute trades directly from a spreadsheet.
Press Release Contact: