The awards recognise excellence by banks and consortium sites in delivering key wholesale financial services online. Winners are selected following extensive research and on-site demonstrations.
Daniel Cotti, Managing Director, Working Capital Global Trade Advisory said:
"I am delighted that we have won the award for the second year running. As well as ensuring that our underlying technology is at the leading edge, ABN AMROâs approach to the development of trade services continues to be one of providing as much value-add to the client as possible."
According to Euromoney, what raises ABN AMROâs trade services above its competitors is that it offers clients âthat little bit extraâ.
"Since ABN AMRO won this award last year it has integrated its trade finance modules into its MaxTrad platform and now offers a single sign-on for its LC module for initiating and monitoring transactions and open account management. It has increased the number of languages in which the site is available."
"The bank has made the Economist Intelligence Unit's (EIU) content, which the bank uses itself internally, available on the platform. It also offers users a landed cost calculator to estimate their door-to-door delivery costs for goods shipped."
MaxTrad, ABN AMROâs global trade portal, enables corporates to manage a wide range of trade activities with their trading partners, from initiating letters of credit to data capture, delivery of purchase orders to document preparation, reinvoicing, foreign exchange and settlement.
The MaxTrad suite offers the following capabilities online:
- Initiation of letters of credit, collections, guarantees/standby LC, purchase order management, digital trade document and document preparation;
-real-time user customised reporting tools, including consolidated global reporting for multinationals;
- 24x7 Customer support services backed by local trade experts;
- MaxTrax, a free tracking resource that allows the trading partners of corporates to track the status of transactions;
- local and cross-border trade content from ABN AMRO and external content providers such as the Economist Intelligence Unit;
- multi-language capabilities; and
- white-labeling for financial institutions that wish to outsource trade to the bank
With more than 175 years' experience in intermediating and financing global commerce, ABN AMRO is a leading provider of trade services. Through Global Trade Advisory, part of the bankâs Working Capital business, ABN AMRO provides customised commodity, web-based trade and supply chain finance solutions to companies and financial institutions around the world.#
+ 44 20 7678 4050