Head of Market Data Sales, North Asia
The FENICS Market Data Group has responsibility for the top line revenue of the Market Data business within BGC partners, representing the brands within the group including BGC market Data, GFI Market Data and RP Martin.
The role of Head of Market Data Sales, North Asia will be based in Hong Kong and will manage the Market Data sales and revenue targets for the region, managing existing Market Data end clients and also managing the Local and Global Vendor data relationships in the region.
Whilst this role is predominantly new business focussed, the successful candidate will also own a portfolio of clients, communicating information to them about our Data products as well as making them aware about new initiatives and future product launches. Furthermore, there is a requirement for working with the support function to ensure day to day queries are handled effectively for those clients.
The candidate will be required to travel with targets based new business growth and retention of existing business with the Americas client base and the Local and Global Vendors (such as Thomson Reuters, Bloomberg etc).
The Head of Market Data Sales, North Asia will have the following responsibilities:
• Achieve Sales and Revenue targets for the Americas customer base.
• Manage Global Vendors in the Region with direction from Global Vendor Sales Manager in London
• Establish and maintain strong client and partnership relationships through regular close contact and face-to-face meetings.
• Interact with other departments to ensure clients are supported effectively and receiving the right levels of service.
• Provide Feedback for Fenics Market Data Steering Committee on potential new product offerings.
• Develop business in new markets and geographies (Buyside, Exchanges etc)
• Educated to Degree Standard with minimum ten years’ work experience in the financial markets environment essential. Masters or MBA desirable.
• Minimum eight years experience in Sales and managing and achieving sales targets.
• Proven background and track record of selling OTC inter-dealer broker Market Data.
• Experience in software and data solution sales advantageous.
• Experience in Financial Derivative Markets.
• Experience in presenting to clients at senior management level and speaking knowledgeably to active market participants.
• Experience of managing accounts and relationships for multiple clients and countries essential. Proof of managing relationships and revenues in multiple countries simultaneously desirable.
• Must be able to quickly understand the client, their products and their industry.
• Willingness to travel frequently is essential.
• Sales and Business development.
• Fluent English and Mandarin is essential, Cantonese an advantage.
• Experience of working with vendor channel partners.
• Ability to identify and convert new business opportunities.
• Ability to manage and work with high profile and large clients and partners effectively.
• Excellent organisational and time management skills.
• Ability to work with multiple business units across the company.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to create and maintain accurate and accessible documentation.
• Experience of using and mining CRM systems.
Interested candidates should send their CV to email@example.com